Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Ship Came In...!

I have lived and worked in Africa since 1977. Every few years I ship items from the States. Since I plan to leave Africa for in December 2014, for retirement, I do not need many things. I December though I shipped two cartons of items for me and two with things that the people had given me for the hospital.


I also "hand picked" a new recliner that actually FIT me. I went to Nebraska Furniture Mart in Omaha and sat in many chairs. Then I took the information down on the chair that fit me (high enough so I could get out of it, long enough for my long legs, high back for my head, etc). I emailed the chair information to my contact in Ohio. She then went to a store near the dock yards and ordered my chair. It arrived at that store THE DAY BEFORE our shipping container was going to be loaded!! WooHoo.
My shipment arrived in the capital city here and then was trucked down to the hospital where I live. I have had the things less than two weeks. It is SO nice having my new chair. Yipee!

Today's Positives:
1. Even though my computer is giving me problems (blue screen nearly every day), I have been able to save my documents off of it.
2. A visiting surgeon said that, if needed, he will transport my computer to the States in two weeks when he leaves. I am doing some troubleshooting yet. Please pray for wisdom as to if I should send my computer or not.
3. My computer's two year service agreement with the Geek Squad is still in effect until August so I will not have to pay for repairs, or replacement parts.  YES!
4. I FOUND my camera I had looked for since Saturday. YES!
5. My Ship came in! YES!

I hope you are having a good day. Stay well.



No comments:

Post a Comment