Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

"Tornado" Update and photo!

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a blog about a "tornado" like wind that took the Kanda Church parsonage roof totally off. I was at Kanda again this past Sunday and took a photo of the house, without it's roof.


An estimate of the cost of re-roofing the house is a bit over $2000. Almost none of the old roof's materials were salvageable.  Some Christians from other Churches have volunteered to buy some of the material for the repairs.The Kanda Christians have been taking up collections too. I have donors in the States who have given me ministry money so whatever is needed extra will be taken care of by that fund. I'm very glad that no one was hurt when the strong tropical storm winds took off the roof.

Nursing School restarted today. I worked all morning at the hospital an then this afternoon taught my first class of Introduction to Pathology. It is the student's "heavivest" course this trimester. Two students were let go after second trimester, because of grades. That leaves 14 students in the class.

Saturday a friend and I are having a small garage sale and then the following Saturday we're having a big sale. I still have quite a lot to do to get ready for the sales.

Our station Internet has been so slow. I had problems with my Itunes file and our internet is so slow that downloading a new file has not happened. It keeps timing out and only downloading maybe 20% of the file. I'm just glad I can still blog.

Today's Positives:
1. Work and class went well and this evening I've been resting with my feet up.
2. No rain today nor yesterday so perhaps the rainy season is lessening some. The drier it is here, the cooler. Summer is usually dry and cool season.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a good day.





1 comment:

  1. wow. It so sad to see how much storms can do. :0( glad to hear everyone is safe. Still praying for you all the time.

    ReplyDelete