Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter + Some Photos!

Easter Sunday Morning:
Christ is RISEN! He is RISEN INDEED! I plan to watch my church's 10:45 am service online. They put that service online each Sunday. There is even an online Pastor. There is a 930am Protestant service here in the Chapel of the Immanuel Skilled Nursing Center but I'm afraid if I go to that, I'll not have time to get downstairs and set up my computer afterwards. I sure did enjoy listening to about two hours of Easter music on the radio this morning.

There is a lady from church who will be bringing Easter dinner to me and we'll eat together. I think she's bringing it from a good restaurant. She asked me if there was anything I didn't like and I said "porcupine". She laughed.

Last Weekend's visit from my brother Glenn, sister-in-law Judy and their daughter Kristi:


My family, along with my StepMom picked up Burger King (my choice) food so we could eat together and so I could eat something besides "hospital food".



Yes, I had a Whopper and Fries!


Yesterday was my first four hour "pass" away from the Nursing Center. I was picked up at 8:30 am by a Medical Van.... and taken to the "Farm House" restaurant to meet with my Nursing Class of 1970 for a mini reunion. We had a great time together. I was well taken care of, being "out on the town" with eleven other nurses!!







Today's Positives:
1. I have been able to gradually cut down on pain medicines that I need to take for my leg. I still take medicine but not as much.
2. I had a great time at my Nursing Class reunion brunch.
3. Christ is RISEN!

Happy Easter!!

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear of some fun times as well as continued healing, Carolyn. I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great big hugs Carolyn! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete