Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Sleeping Better + Packing!

I was recently diagnosed as having Obstructive Sleep Apnea. I have been sleeping with a CPAP machine for three weeks. CPAP IS "CONTINUOUS POSITIVE AIRWAY PRESSURE". I wear a mask and humidified air is blown into the mask. I breath in this forced air through my nose and it has enough pressure to make sure that my airway stays open. It had been closing off or partially closing off. Some people use a nose mask but I do better with a full mask, even though I do not generally mouth breath.

During the sleep test I had 24-25 times EVERY HOUR where I either stopped breathing for at least ten seconds or else breathed very shallowly for ten seconds or more. Since using my CPAP machine to keep my airway open I now only have about ONE "event" each hour. I am sleeping deeply for 5 or 6 hours, much longer than I had been restlessly sleeping before.

Friday I will be "Leaving on a Jet Plane" from Omaha to Albany, New York. Someone will pick me up there and drive me to Bennington, Vermont where I will be speaker at a half week Mission's Conference. Each week I will be speaker at two different churches, eight total during four weeks in eight cities in three States (Vermont, Massachusetts and Connecticut). I plan to fly back to Omaha on March 30.

Please pray for preparation for my messages to be given at these conferences, for safe travels and that I not fall on snowy, icy paths. Pray the the Lord will speak to those who attend these conferences. Thanks.



Today's Positives:
1. I got some errands done today which I needed to do before my trip.
2. I have canceled other plans for the next two days so that I can just work at home, getting ready for my trip, and my speaking.
3. The weather in Omaha on Friday, as well as in Albany, New York where I must "land" should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment