Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

SNOWSTORM!

Having lived on the equator most of the last 40 years I have avoided living in SNOW country. I'm now back in Omaha, NE and after a mild beginning of the Winter season, it has shown up this past week!! This past weekend we had a snowstorm which closed down many activities on Sunday and Monday. I watched my church church service online so I did not have to drive the ten miles or so back and forth. I heard that there were 2000 people online for the services.

Here is a photo taken Sunday from my apartment's balcony.


I was able to attend a Bible Study at church on Tuesday morning, and then do some shopping. It was very slushy on most roads but other roads still had lots of snow. Today though, Wednesday, it snowed again. Most if not all the Omaha schools closed for the second day this week. On Wednesday evenings I have been one-on-one teaching English to Internationals but that too was canceled for tonight.

The snow today did not stop a Respiratory Therapist from arriving with my CPAP machine. I was just diagnosed with sleep apnea. Actually, during the Sleep Study I only had 5 times of apnea  (lack of breathing for at least 10 seconds), but I had 91 times of hypopnea (very shallow breathing for at least 10 seconds). This Continuous Positive Airway Pressure machine will force air into my mouth and nose to keep my airway open so that I will sleep better. Tonight will be my first night on the machine besides several hours I was on it during the Sleep Study.

Since I will be retiring this summer, I am trying to figure out how to continue to communicate with my many friends and prayer partners. Using this blog is one way that I can share photos and let people know what is happening in my life. In the right column you can sign up to get an email when I write a blog entry. That will help us keep in contact.

Thanks for your interest in my blog.
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment