Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Exciting News!


(photo of "Super Berries growing on the bark of a tree)
Here is a PRAISE REPORT: In September I wrote a letter that our Bongolo
Hospital maintenance man Henri had given notice and would be leaving us in a couple of months. The very same week that Henri gave notice we learned of a couple from the U.S. Midwest who were interested in coming out to Gabon to do maintenance for the Bongolo Hospital. Paul and Meladee Davis have now been appointed to Gabon and are about ready to come! Thanks for praying that their house sell. It did. They have had a garage sale to sell off their belongings and they fly from the USA on December 8th, arriving in Gabon on December 9th! Praise the Lord for their willingness to come join us in Gabon. Pray as they say goodbye to their family and friends. Pray for their travel to Gabon and their adjustment to living on the equator! Thanks.

The Memba Chapel was struggling with attendance running about 10-15 people on Sunday mornings? You prayed and last Sunday there were 35 people. This weekend, November 15-16th we are going to have a Seminar with Pastor Guy Patrick and I as speakers. There will be two sessions for children and two sessions for everyone. On Sunday Pastor will give communion and then we’ll have a potluck dinner. Pray for a message preparation for Pastor and I. Pray for a good attendance for Saturday and Sunday. Pray that God will move hearts.

Some of you are praying for Tim and Amanda Kelly and their three children who should arrive at Bongolo about March 1st to head up a Center for receiving visitors to our hospital. We just got word this week that Tim and Amanda are coming to Gabon the first week in December for a site visit. Please pray that they get their passports, visas and necessary vaccinations in time for their flight.

To the right is a photo of a Frangy Panny Tree that near my house.

Please continue to pray that my old vehicle get fixed and then sold. The Isuzu Trooper is located in Libreville problems with the motor block, the same problem as the summer of 2007 when it broke down for me. Arnie even tried to sell it “as is” at a reduced price but was unable to do so. I am thankful that the car did not break down in September when I drove it to Libreville! I need the money from the sale of that car to pay for my new Nissan Patrol. and Arnie Solvig is trying to find someone to fix it. He will then put it “on the market” for selling it. The problem is that it has serious

The Title for my Nissan Patrol still has not been issued so I am driving on an expired “temporary” document. Pray that the title be released soon and that Arnie find a way to get it from Libreville down to me at the hospital. Other than that and the fact that my car fund is still in debt, it runs beautifully! It is hard to know how much I still need since I have not yet been able to sell the Isuzu Trooper. Please pray that this all get regulated soon. Thanks.

You can tell by this blog entry that your prayers are being answered but that your prayers are still needed. Thanks for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment