Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Travel, Seminar, Teaching!

October 14, 2008 Email Prayer Letter

It's been three weeks since I last wrote and you are probably wondering if I am still "Surviving" in Gabon, the theme of my last letter. I have been so very busy but now want to update you. Since I last wrote I caught up after my car buying trip to Libreville, then made another trip to Libreville for Field Leadership Team meetings, returned to Bongolo Hospital and immediately attended a three day seminar. That ended late Sunday yesterday.

This week I am getting caught up on many projects, besides working hard on preparing and teaching Pathology to the nursing students at the Bongolo Hospital. We still have 11 nursing students but Oscar continues to do poorly with his studies so may have to be let go at the end of the trimester. Either way, I am sure he needs your prayers. Please also pray for wisdom for us, the professors.

My new Nissan Patrol vehicle runs great! It has now been back to Libreville for its first “check up” with Nissan Company and it passed.My vehicle account is in debt. I still have my Isuzu Trooper to sell but the problem is that the Trooper is again having motor problems and needs repairs before it can be sold. Please pray that the car be repaired to the point that it can be sold, that it will bring in a good selling price and that I will receive additional gifts to my vehicle fund to make up the difference. I figure that after the old car sells, I will still need $5,000-$6,000 to break even. I want to sincerely thank those of you who have given and given towards my Nissan Vehicle. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks!

This past weekend we missionaries attended a seminar using the book “Beyond Your Best- Develop Your Relationships, Fulfill Your Destiny” by Thrall, McElarthn and McNicol. An attached photo will show us working hard at completing our in seminar assignments! This seminar was taught by Chris and Marcia Braun. Chris is the Africa Area Director for the Alliance missionaries.

Allan Ballard our field bookkeeper was also visiting Bongolo this past weekend. He lives and works in Dakar Senegal. He is our Gabon Bookkeeper and I am his Assistant. It was good to be able to chat face to face about some transition issues and bookkeeping.

I still attend church in Memba Chapel and sometimes do the teaching on Sunday morning. I am trying to get a Seminar together for Memba for mid November. The Gabonese like concentrated teaching times. Please pray that the Lord direct in this. I think the weekend will be November 16th but this is not certain.

This evening we missionary women here at Bongolo will begin the Beth Moore Bible study on “Daniel”. It will be our first get together for this. We’ll be having Bible Study on Tuesday evenings. Please pray that the Lord use this study in our lives. Thanks.

You ask how I spend my spare time. I am active on www.SparkPeople.com , an online weight loss site. I’ve been able to lose about twenty pounds through the support I get on this free site. Ask me about it if you wish!

Thanks to all of you who give to the Great Commission Fund. That is the fund that supports me. We heard this weekend that so far the gifts to that fund are meeting budget. Praise the Lord that in times of financial crises, people are still giving to the Lord’s work.

Thanks so much for praying, giving, writing, and encouraging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment