Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Up the Road without a CRIQUE!

I'm on my way to the States for three weeks of speaking at Missionary Conferences in Western Pennsylvania and then a three week vacation. I flew to Gabon's capital city, Libreville yesterday, Feb. 22nd. Karen Fitch drove me to Mouila to the airport to get my flight. Lisa Nicky came along. Well, we were not all that far from Mouila when Karen's car had a flat tire. The photo above is of Lisa (front and left) and Karen trying to get the jack to work.
The hydraulic jack would not go up as it had not been used for awhile and needed fluid/grease or what ever you put into a hydraulic jack. We were UP THE ROAD WITHOUT A CRIQUE (word in French for Jack)! After 15 minutes of trying to get the "crique" to work, along came three men in an empty flatbed truck who stopped and changed the tire using their jack! Praise the Lord and thanks to these men!

No comments:

Post a Comment