Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

One Million Step Challenge!

I am on a 140 day Challenge which started January 24th. It is through AARP and is through a program called: Step up to Better Health. The goal of the challenge is to walk 1,000,000 steps!

When I started the challenge the recommended daily steps was just over 7000 daily. At that time I was doing up to 10,000 steps on many days so my Average steps were about 8500 per day. Then my heel started hurting (plantar fasciitis) and I dropped my walking down to 6000 steps on most days. Well, My Average steps since January 24th now is 7255 per day. In order to finish the challenge in the required 140 days, I will need to get an average of 6998 steps per day until the end of the challenge. I need to step up my 6000 goal most days to be able to do this. We'll see how my heel does. My heel is feeling some better.

The goal of this 140 day challenge is to walk 1,000,000 steps! As of last night, I had walked 573,146 steps!
Today's Goal: 6998     Today's Steps: 0    Steps so far: 573,146    Average: 7255

Also.... I am doing this challenge along with twelve other Missionaries who live and work in Africa.


Today's Positives:
1. It is early evening and I have about 5500 steps today so I will go over my needed steps for the day.
2. I got a lot of work done at the Nursing School office this morning.
3. I started planning the program of the students Graduation Ceremony today. They graduate on May 9th.
4. I took my material for a graduation dress to the Tailors. I found he was already working on other Nursing Student's Graduation outfits! The students had given me the material for my dress to look like their outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment