Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

My House in the Jungle PLUS!

I often say that I live on the Equator in the jungle but this photo will give you a better view of my house. It is the long white duplex next to the brick home, overlooking a river leading the the waterfall. I can hear the water rushing over the waterfall from my home and sometimes I have to really listen carefully to know if it is RAIN I hear or the WATERFALL. Rain can really be loud in the "tin" roof of my home, even though the attic mutes it. I have no glass in my windows, just screens, wooden slats and bars. The bars are placed at the same level as the wooden slats so I can not see them from the inside. They do protect against thievery though.



I'm having fun spending ministry money, money people have given to me to give to various projects where I see fit. Since I will leave for retirement at the end of the year, I am using up the monies that are in my account, even as every month more dollars comes in. What a blessing from the Lord, but also a responsibility to use the money wisely. Here are two of the recent projects.

The Kanda church has a young pastor who does not have any furnishings in the parsonage. I had a table and chairs made that will stay in the parsonage for his use, and also for future pastors. Here is the young pastor with a few of the members, trying out the new table!



I have already written about the new ceiling that the Nursing School is getting to get rid of the bat dirt infested old ceiling. It is my donors who are paying for that ceiling. It already SMELLS better in the school!! The work will finish this week.



Thanks to those who give to my  "Work of" ministry account!

No comments:

Post a Comment