Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Celebrating Thanksgiving!

We celebrated our Thanksgiving Day yesterday, Friday. There were ten of us here: four doctors, three nurses, a Pilot, a school teacher and a Pastor! Oh, we were ten adults and one baby! Our meal was traditional, with turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole down to the pumpkin pie. After the meal we even had an American football game that we had taped off of satellite TV the night before. Here are a few photos.







For an update on my health. My leg is back to normal after a ten plus day bout of swelling. I am to finish off the ten days of antibiotics that I was given for that which is good. The antibiotic is clearing up my aggravated bout of asthma so coughing less.

Today's Positives:
1. I had a nice Thanksgiving time yesterday.
2. My leg is back to normal and my coughing is much less.
3. I am finishing decorating my home for Christmas.
4. A neighbor couple (pilot and doctor) is coming over this afternoon so I can give them some of my extra Christmas decorations. This is my last Christmas in Africa so everything will go at the end of the season.
5. I'm on vacation (Staycation) for another week. YES!!!!!

Have a nice weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment