Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fish & Butterflies!


This afternoon I spent two hours at a "Fishing Hole", a river bed that was partially dried up. Quite a few of us went on a fishing and butterfly catching trip. The fish were for the aquariums of the two children who were along, Luke and Sara. Imagine going out fishing for tropical fish instead of buying them from an expensive pet store. Well, that's what we did! You can do that in the tropics where I live.
While some caught tropical fish, others caught butterflies. I took photos and mostly just tried to balance on the slippery rocks so I didn't fall and break a bone! In the 33 years since I arrived in Gabon, I had never been to this river bed!

2 comments:

  1. SPECTACULAR! It sounds like our kind of field trip. Thanks for the pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I have been somewhat distant. Surgery and health has had me down. Looks like you had a lot of fun today though! Still praying for you like always!

    ReplyDelete