Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Stuck in NYC!

Well, I left Omaha for Africa yesterday in a big snow storm. My flight was delayed by 4 1/2 hours but I was actually at the airport over seven hours. Two hours of that time I was on the plane, even taxied out to where the de-icer tried to de-ice the plane. That machine got "frozen breaks" and had to have a mechanic come fix it so our plane could get de-iced properly.

While still in Omaha my next flight out of Chicago was changed from one airline to another because I would be missing my flight. With the delay on the plane I missed the SECOND flight too. The flight to Chicago was uneventful but then I had to wait until a later flight, having missed my flight. That 5:30 flight didn't leave Chicago until about 8pm local and I didn't get to NYC until about 11:30pm and to a hotel at nearly 1am!!!

Now you ask, what about my flight to Africa? Well, it was missed of course. The next open seat on that airline is not until SUNDAY!! My travel agent is now working on it, if to convince the airlines that I must travel before Sunday or else to try to change airlines.

The Lord has reminded me of the following verses for this trip:
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." Prov. 3:5-6

Todays Positives:
I had friends help me with last minute packing!
I made it to NYC, without getting stuck in Omaha nor Chicago's blizzard!
I found a good priced Super 8 Motel that gave me an AARP discount!
I have wireless internet here at the hotel!!!!!!!
The Lord is directly my path!

No comments:

Post a Comment