Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

My First Flying Experience!

Tuesday I left the hospital where I have worked for over 37 years to return to Omaha, Nebraska for eventual retirement. Friends came to the plane to see me off.



Here is a selfie of me sitting in the Co-Pilot's seat.



So why is this my "first flying experience"? We have had a Mission plane for a number of years but I have never flown it either to nor from the capital city. It is a 1 hour 45 minute flight. It was also my "first flying experience" because I got to actually FLY the plane (while the pilot took several photos of me).



Our flight was cloudy but smooth. I was able to see some of the terrain below.



Here is us coming into the city.



Oh, I was the only passenger. Here is the back of the plane.



When I got to the capital city, I was picked up by long time friends so we could go out for lunch. I had my last Vogene pizza! I don't think that Omaha sells them which is probably a good thing!! They are made of white sauce with cream, ham, bacon and an egg on top.



Tomorrow I will fly to Paris, then Atlanta then Omaha.

Today's Positives:
1. I had a great flight to the Libreville.
2. The Guest house where I am staying for a few days is having a Thanksgiving meal this evening... because there are three of us who are American and a forth who did College in America.
3. My flights to the States are tomorrow night!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all who celebrate it!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. that is an exciting first! Praying for Safe Travels!

    ReplyDelete