Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

My African TWIN!

 

I met Louise over 30 years ago in a distant village where I went once a month to encourage those in her Church. She was in my Bible Study for those years I visited there. As our hospital grew, Louise would come periodically to us to have a baby or get other care.

One time I had a piece of material that I took to a tailor for a dress. When I went to pick it up he proudly handed me Two DRESSES of different models. Since there had been more material than he needed for the dress that I  ordered, the tailor decided that I could get two for the price of one! Well, I really did not want two dresses with the same material so I gave the second one to my friend Louise. We had our photos taken. Since then she has referred to us as TWINS.

Louise knows that I will be leaving the country at the end of November for eventual retirement. She ordered nice quality material from a neighboring country and had it with her this time she came to visit the hospital. She paid for the material and I paid for the tailor. Today we had a number of photos taken in our TWIN dresses!! This was Louise's goodbye gift for me. I'll print up several of the photos so she can have our photo as a "souvenir" as they say in French.




No comments:

Post a Comment