Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cooking with African Local Produce

I was given both fresh "Field" corn and also a gift of cooking bananas. I made both of them for supper tonight (I had eaten a chicken dinner for the noon meal).

Boiled "Field" corn



Fried ripe cooking bananas



I cook with gas. We turn our empty bottles in when we buy filled bottles.



Today's Positives:
1. I enjoyed church in Kanda this morning.
2. I made the local produce for dinner rather than let it go to waste. I am bad with buying fresh food but then not getting around to cooking it. I ate half the corn and gave the rest to my neighbor.
3. Although we had a very bad lightening strike somewhere near here last night, it did not fry any of our electrical equipment and the lights stayed on.

P.S. I did not take a photo of the brownies I also made today.
I have visitors coming for dinner tomorrow so now my dessert is already prepared!

Question: Do you ever buy fresh foods that you don't get around to using?

No comments:

Post a Comment