Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Visiting Hope House!

I drove up to Libreville on Friday to do some bookkeeping this next week.  There is an Alliance Orphanage here called Hope House. Most of my colleagues have visited there but yesterday was my first visit. The 30 kids live in this temporary home, awaiting construction of their new home.



I went with others. Upon arrival, some of the kids were finishing their spaghetti lunch. We got lots of hugs as the kids were so excited to see us.



I did not get to meet their "house parents" as they were out for the day but I did get to meet a young man who lives in the house and helps out with the kids.

A few of the kids tried to teach me a game with my hands, I'll call it "patty cake" but I had really no ideas who's hand to "slap" and when. I guess I won the game though because they told me so!



I gave an impromptu English class to about a half dozen kids, mostly teens.

We were at the orphanage about two hours. It was fun.These kids are getting a solid Christian upbringing.
I'm glad I got to go and I would go back if given the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment