Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My brother Larry's Arrival and trip to Bongolo!

My brother Larry, who is Pastor of River Valley Alliance Church in Watertown, Wisconsin, came to visit! WooHoo! He is the first member of my family to visit me in the 33 + years I have lived in Gabon. He came with a friend from his church, Dave Zimmermann. Dave is a High School Music teacher. They arrived August 11th, on Larry's Birthday. I took them out to eat at Tivoli's Italian Restaurant that was very close to the airport. At the right find Dave and Larry in front of the Tivoli's Pizza ovens.

August 12th we drove down to the Lebamba where I live and work at the Bongolo Hospital. We stayed for four days, three nights. I took them on a tour of the hospital and also of the town.  We stopped at the Albert Schweitzer Hospital on the way down country and Dave got to sit at the Dr. Schweitzer piano. NO, he did not touch the keys.

On our tour around the Bongolo station we saw the Bongolo waterfalls, where Larry and I stand in the next photo.
In town they got to try some BBQ chicken wings from the vendor in front of the local Barak Obama Restaurant.  We also ate at the Ditchi Restaurant to celebrate the Eric Hofman and my Birthdays. Eric grew up in OMAHA!
On Sunday August 15th we went to the Nzoundou Chapel where Dave shared some thoughts and then Larry preached. Four young people accepted Christ that day. Larry Prayed for them after they had done so. Larry and Dave also met one of the Village Chiefs, Inono.
The River Valley Alliance Church ladies had made some dresses out of pillowcases and Larry and Dave brought some with them. I got the fun of handing out some of these dresses at Nzoundou.
More about Larry and Dave Zimmermann's time in Gabon in another blog entry!








No comments:

Post a Comment