Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy July 4th Weekend!

Look what is NOT for July 4th dinner. SNAKE! Yes, snake tastes like chicken!

July 4, 2009

It is hard to believe that it is already July 4th. Freedom is something to enjoy in all seriousness. Not everyone is FREE like we are in America. It is good to be able to celebrate that freedom this year on home soil! I think of John 10:10 that says “The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly. ASV” I think of those around the world AND in America who are not free but are bound spiritually by the thief (Satan) and who very much need the Lord to “free” them. I rejoice in that freedom that I have in Christ who gives me abundant life. I plan to attend a picnic at my cousin’s home late this afternoon. There should be about a ten or so of us together. Tomorrow after church I’ll have lunch together with my stepfamily right here at home.

I heard that the Missionaries at the Bongolo Hospital are getting together this evening for a BBQ dinner as they celebrate July 4th. It is nice that it fell on the weekend so that they could take the time off of their busy schedule to be together.

July 5th Update: Check out the parade that they had at Bongolo Hospital yesterday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CazIOPAXYas







2 comments:

  1. The snake was killed on the Bongolo Hospital station and cooked and eaten by visitors to the station. I do not know what kind of snake it was.

    ReplyDelete