Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

My New Nissan Patrol !

I am so excited to have a new vehicle to drive, a Nissan Patrol Van. My trip to Libreville went like this:

Monday: Drive ten hours over dirt and paved roads.
Tuesday: Shop at different Car dealerships. I was looking for a diesel, 4 wheel drive vehicle that would last me for the next six years, until my planned retirement.
Wednesday. Go with the Mission Business Agent to the Nissan dealership to pay for a Nissan Patrol. It is listed as a van but I always thought that vans had a sliding side door. I guess not. The only colors available were black and white. The only color available immediately, was black.
Thursday: Wait all day until 6pm when my new, already licensed van was delivered to the Mission.
Friday: Be driven to pick up the Insurance card for my Nissan and then go shopping for school and hospital paper supplies. In the afternoon I drove myself shopping at our "mall". It's mostly a grocery store.
Saturday: Also went shopping a bit, getting used to the new vehicle.
Sunday: Drive back home. Because I drove on Sunday there were no logging trucks on the road and hardly any traffic. None of the police checkpoints stopped me to look at my papers. The trip took only 9 hours.

Today, Monday, I ache all over. If you haven't driven on African roads, you may not know know what it's like to "grip" the steering wheel as you go over all the bumps and avoid the holes in the road. At least the road has recently been road graded. I always ache all over the day after taking that drive. A little Ibuprofen should take care of it for awhile.

I want you to know that I talk about "my new car" that it was not paid for by my personal account. People, some I know, some I don't know, have given money to the church for me to have this new car. I am very grateful. I also want you to know that I dove my old car to Libreville for selling. It did make it up there but then we found one major bolt had rattled off and it is now not drivable before it is first repaired. I have my new car just in time!! God is good!

Thanks to those who gave towards my car and to those who prayed for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment