Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Dr. Albert Schweitzer's Hospital!

While at annual conference in Lambaarene some of us took a tour of the Schweitzer Hospital. It continues to function today but the old buildings are now a museum.  I remember studying Albert Schweitzer in grade school but I kept getting him mixed up with David Livingston. Well, since 1977 when I moved to Africa and first got to tour the Schweitzer Hospital, I will not get them mixed up again!
Here are a few photos:

Dr. Schweitzer's home plus nurses' dining hall(now a museum), piano (no I was not touching the piano) and some of his microscopes:







Dr. Schweitzer's operating room and maternity delivery room:





Dr. Albert Schweitzer's original hospital buildings, grave (he died in 1965) and cemetery:







My trip to the Schweitzer Hospital last week was my last before I leave Africa in November, to return to the States for retirement.

Today's Positives:
1. After about 45-50 minutes of a wild bird flying around in the Nursing School office, a yardman finally got him OUT of the office!
2. I took a short walk outside today.
3. I sold some more clothes that were left over from my earlier garage sale.



No comments:

Post a Comment