Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Postponed Surgery!!

I saw my orthopedic surgeon this morning. He had consulted two other surgeons. One suggested that my repaired leg break needed to heal more before doing a knee replacement. The other one suggested that a knee replacement could be done at any time. Well, my surgeon left the decision up to me, but I could tell that he really thought it best to wait for surgery another 3-4 weeks. Mind you, I was supposed to have surgery NEXT TUESDAY! Well, I decided that I would WAIT for another 3-4 weeks....meaning 15-16 weeks total from March 5th's leg/knee break and 13-14 weeks after having had my leg (Tibia bone) repaired. I do not yet have the final date for surgery.

I'm not happy about being in a wheelchair and wearing this long leg brace for another 3-4 weeks but Psalm 18: 30-36 in the NIV translation has some thoughts that have been good for me. God's way IS Perfect!

30 As for God, his way is perfect:
    The Lord’s word is flawless;
    he shields all who take refuge in him.
31 For who is God besides the Lord?
    And who is the Rock except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength
    and keeps my way secure.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
    he causes me to stand on the heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
    my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You make your saving help my shield,
    and your right hand sustains me;
    your help has made me great.
36 You provide a broad path for my feet,
    so that my ankles do not give way.

One thing has changed. I will have Outpatient Physical Therapy at the hospital three times a week until my yet unknown surgery date. The PT will be on my Quads (upper leg), above the knee and also my left ankle, both of which are weak from no or little use. I figure that having the PT before surgery will mean less PT need AFTER surgery!

Today's Positives:
1. After having two Doctors' visits today my friend Su and I went out to eat lunch.
2. Tomorrow I'm going to a Meeting at a Club House...and with my TOPS friends. I've not seen most of them since my "accident". TOPS is "Taking off Pounds Sensibly". Each time that I return from Africa I go back to the same TOPS club to help me keep my weight stable during my U.S. time.
3. I am very glad that I have a Handicapped Bus pass to be able to use for getting to and from the hospital for Physical Therapy. These three times a week sessions will start this Friday.

Thanks everyone for your many prayers over the past 11+ weeks. As you see, they are still needed. Bless you.

4 comments:

  1. Although my life has been leading me into some uncertain grounds, those verses were a great help to me today as well. I am still praying for your healthy recovery. I so glad to hear that you are keeping your spirits up. Keep Smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a poem to brighten your day, as it speaks of how our comments often do make the day of the one we are speaking to.
    -------------- You’ve Made My Day!
    ( Philippians 4:8, 9 )

    “You’ve made my day” are encouraging words
    As we meet people on a day by day basis.
    So few utter such words to others;
    It really shouldn’t be that way.

    Individuals we meet need encouragement,
    Especially in the times in which we live.
    So much out there is negative thinking
    And such words like these are needed.

    Encourager are, above all, positive thinkers.
    They inspire confidence, comfort and joy
    As they focus on what’s good in life,
    And shy away from what is discouraging.

    Those who know God in truth are such.
    They are positive thinkers, just like Him.
    He never gloom, or gloats, or is upset.
    He’s on the throne; all is under His control.

    Even when evil would persist at times,
    And we tend to think He’s not there,
    He’s in control, sovereignly blessing,
    And that is very encouraging to know.

    So…when we meet someone in need –
    Whenever we find someone who’s down and out –
    Lift them up with these positive words:
    “You’ve made my day,” and be a blessing!
    Amen and Amen
    rdo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "anonymous" here is Robert Overstreet at watchmenoftheking@yahoo.com. This is a prayer fellowship of those who want to enter into ministry to others through warfare praying as God leads individuals across their path.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the second surgeon and he saying right that surgery can be done at any time but final decision is up to you.

    private hospitals kent

    ReplyDelete