Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas in Wisconsin... or Attack of the Flu!

Nope, I have not had the flu but almost all eight of the other people in this house have had it! I flew to Wisconsin on Thursday. Some of my family were already sick before I arrived. Since then there have been others sick too, the latest being my grandnephew Jesse around noon on Christmas Day. Poor thing, he only got half of his presents opened when he threw up and then fell asleep before opening the rest.

These days we've remained flexible. The company who were coming over for lunch on Thursday night were told to stay away, and then then came to eat with us on Saturday noon. My brother's family usually has lasagne for their Christmas eve meal but we had vegetable beef soup instead. In fact, we've had soup meals. There are many cookies and candies in the house but they are not being eaten much.

Most of us did go to the movies on Friday afternoon to see "Arthur Christmas". That was cute. Then Saturday late afternoon most of us went to the Christmas Eve church service. Only my brother Larry and I went to the Christmas morning service.

Although the days have been "strange" and not at all what we expected, it's been nice being together. I've not been with my brother for Christmas since we were kids. Here are some photos.

My brother in church Christmas Eve. The church was very nicely decorated.



My sister-in-law and her grand-kids, my grandnephews and grandnieces.



Eleven month Josie and I.



My nephew Joel and his kids.



Before this weekend I had never seen these grands before, except for Asher the oldest but when he was about three months old. He is now 7 1/2 years old.

Today's Positives:
1. I have not yet gotten the flu and I don't want to get it!
2. I've enjoyed being with family and getting to know the grands.
3. We did not have a White Christmas but I do enjoy the WARMer weather.

My plans are to fly back to Omaha tomorrow BUT...... today I'm borrowing my brother's car to drive north about an hour to meet up with and have lunch with an online friend Roxie. It will be fun to meet each other.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. May the Lord richly bless you, Carolyn, as you anticipate a full ministry in churches in the days ahead. Pray, as well, for Myrtle and me as we carry on ministry in prayer, counsel and teaching where we live. I have a class on prayer beginning Feb. 5, to last for around two years. Myrtle is attending a Women's Bible class at our church. Of course, we are near Randy and his family and help out there every week, plus at other times.

    ReplyDelete